March 2, 2009

March 1.09: A New Day, A New Week, A New Month - Perfect Timing!

Well - today is the day!

I even wrote that on my calendar.

Today is the day I start focusing on self-improvement.

My goal for this blog is to focus on my fitness journey. In theory this was meant to document my complete overhaul: body, mind & spirit, but I'm taking this one step at a time! Plus - I honestly may not be up for talking about the mental and spiritual aspects of my overhaul! We'll see.

Today I began some rough research. Found a few reference websites that I will look into more closely tomorrow.

Being that I'm writing this on Mar 2 - I can say that my first day was really positive. I'm excited and totally on board for this journey.

I found a reference that suggested my absolute minimum caloric intake - just to function is around 1483-1522 calories per day. That's NOT to say that's a goal. Just the bare minimum I'd need to stay alive at rest for 24 hours. Just a starting point. I thought I'd try to get my daily calories in that range just to see what it was like. It was a lazy, lay-about-the-house day so exercise wasn't an issue! (laughing) So here's what I ate. And before you post to tell me how bad it was - read my Mar 2 post first!!

Breakfast:
Multivitamin
8oz Water
1 C Quick Oats = 160 cal
16oz caffine free tea

Snack:
16oz Water
Special K Cereal Bar = 90 cal
Apple slices (137g) = 80 cal
Celery sticks (100g) = 16 cal
Carrots (170g) = 70 cal

Lunch:
16oz Water
Sandwich = 260 cal

Snack:
8oz Water
Special K Cereal Bar = 90 cal
8oz Water
24oz Iced Tea (we went to a movie!) = 258 cal

Dinner:
Deer (3oz) = 127 cal
Mixed veggies (5oz) = 50 cal

Treat:
Icecream sandwich = 150 cal
16oz Water

Total Water: 11 Cups
Total Calories: 1381

Not enough calories but a good reference point.

Okay - that was a lot to type! Can't say I'll provide a detailed diet every day, but it's good for me right now while I relearn proper portioning etc. AND hopefully I'll get good enough at it that I won't need the detailed calories eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment