March 7, 2009

Day 7: Saturday Weigh-In

Drumroll, please...
159.0 pounds (down 3.5 pounds)

I know it's only been a week, and I know that a quick-outta-the-gate loss typically happens when you first change things up, but it's nice to know that SOMETHING positive is happening.
Woohoo!
After being a bit "blah" yesterday this has sprung me right back up!

12 pounds to drop - fitness to improve - body to sculpt - definitely on the right track.

Kali's napping so it's Workout Time!!

WORKOUT: Women's Health Mag - "No Props? No Prob!"
Warm-Up: 5 min jog on the spot & jumping jacks
Exercise 1: Side Bridge with Abduction: 2 sets of 12 reps
Exercise 2: Wraparound Ankle Touch: 3 sets of 12 reps
Exercise 3: Double-Stop Pushup: 2 sets of 10 reps
Exercise 5: Windshield Wiper: 3 sets of 12 reps
Exercise 4: Pushup Position Bird Dog: 3 sets of 12 reps
Exercise 6: Supine Row: 3 sets of 10 reps (tough if you really focus on the shoulder blade squeeze)
Cool-Down: 5 min stretching

Notes on the Workout: I found this workout to be harder than it looked! Or I'm just weaker than I thought... I modified the order so I wasn't doing the 2 push-up position exercises back to back. I also modified 1, 3 & 5 by doing them from my knees because I couldn't do them as described. But I did do all 6 exercises within the recommended number of sets and reps.

Tonight is UFC night!
When I started all of this I was considering have one "no counting" (cheat) day each week, and what better day than Saturday? But after doing so well this first week I know that I really want this to work. Throwing my body for a loop EVERY week isn't a good idea. So, I am going to remain disciplined and will limit my snacking this evening. Nothing wrong with some nibblies so long as they don't trash all my hard work.

Breakfast:
8oz Water
Cereal = 120 cal
Milk = 66 cal
16oz Caffine-Free Tea

Snack:
8oz Water
Cereal Bar = 109 cal
1 cracker & butter = 18 cal

Lunch:
16oz Water
Chicken leftovers = 280 cal
Rice = 70 cal

Snack:
16oz Water
2 Breakfast Cookies = 128 cal

Workout:
16oz Water
Calories Burned: 270

Snack:
16oz Caffine-Free Tea
Cereal Bar = 109 cal

Snack:
16oz Water
Cereal Bar = 109 cal
Apple = 54 cal
Strawberries = 39 cal
Banana = 54 cal

Dinner:
16oz Water
Meatloaf = 189 cal
Potatoes = 100 cal
Peas = 90 cal

Snack:
16oz Water
Caramel Nut Drumstick! (My UFC treat) = 240 cal

Total Water: 21 cups & 4 cups caf-free tea
Total Calories In: 1775
Total Calories Expended: 270

1 comment:

  1. Good job girl!!!! I think I need to get on the wagon!!!

    ReplyDelete