After a month in Africa I've got some "getting back on track" to contend with.
Sat Aug 15 I weighed in @ 156.5 pounds.
I've suckered a friend into being my "partner in crime" in getting back into the shape we know we can achieve. Here's an e-mail I sent to her last nigt. It really sums up how I'm feeling so I figured copying and pasting (with a little editing) was easier that re-drafting everything! = )
Subject: Can't Sleep So...
Apparently NOW is the time for me to get motivated! LoL Truth is I ate really well today and blew it all to hell but mindlessly stuffing cola gummies & popcorn in my mouth tonight! I'm disappointed in myself. In order to get back to a place where I'm feeling motivated and ready to get things started here's what I've done:
- I've read 6 articles on fitness motivation this evening and will be implementing some suggestions from the articles to get/stay motivated.
- I've decided that DESIRE trumps willpower. I have to WANT this badly enough to make it happen. Exerting sheer willpower is NOT the way for me to accomplish my goals.
- I've made some new motivational pictures for around my house and have already put some up on the bathroom mirror and fridge. Going to put a couple more in the hall pantry before I tuck in for the night.
- I have worked out that I need about a 625 daily calorie deficit to get to my goal in 3 months. Ideally I'm aiming to be 145 with more muscle. I really want to see some definition!
- I will continue to weight myself first thing in the morning once a week. Saturdays have been my day for a long time so I'll probably stick to that.
- I will continue to take set measurements once per month. I will be doing this on the last day of every month.
- I am going to work out at home when Kali naps. I've got plenty of time - might as well put it to good use! I'm going to focus on strength training as best I can.
- I'm going to walk at least 3x/week for 1 hour or more.
- I'm sticking to counting only calories because it works for me. I just can't bear dealing with all the breakdowns - I'm just not willing to make the time. )
The more I write here the more motivated I'm feeling.
My themes for my goals right now are:
- How Badly Do You Want It?
- It's Go Time!
- No Excuses!
- You Can Do It!
These statements are overlayed on my new motivational pictures.
I'm EXCITED!
I DO want this and I am going to succeed!
Thank you for being my partner in crime!!
XOXO
E
So there you have it. I'm feeling pretty happy about getting back on track. I'm writing down eveything I eat/drink and all exercise accomplished. I will post summaries here as I was doing before. I have a step counter and might use that just for fun to see how many steps I take in a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment