September 6, 2009

Time For Change

Hello, my name is Erika and I'm a SP (SparkPeople) addict.

So - here's what's triggered this round of change:
I was recently made aware that successful relationships have partners who spend time TOGETHER at least 15 hours a week. Since becoming addicted to SP my husband is being neglected. Add in a little Facebook time and my online-based mom's group and my new photography business and I am spending all my "quality time" with my computer.

When and HOW did my computer become more important than my husband?
very scary.

Time to change.

CHANGE:
* I am no longer going to be actively collecting "SparkPoints". Don't ask. It's obsessive-compulsive for me apparently!
* I am going to invest in my family. If m relationship with my husband falters because of the time I spend on the computer I am going to be SERIOUSLY embarassed and ashamed.
* I still want to lose 12.5 pounds BUT I HAVE to moderate my time on the computer.
* I will go back to jotting down my calories instead of typing in every little thing on SP. It honestly took less time.
* I will go back to blogging on my blog page! (Sad to admit that I was blogging on SP and not here...)
* I will spend at least 15 hours with my husband.
* I will focus on playing with my daughter actively.

DO NOT CHANGE:
* I will continue with SP workouts.
* I will continue doing as may QuickFire Challenges as I can.

I just need to find the balance between blogging, my on-line moms group, facebook, e-mail, SparkPeople and my new business website.
Too much time on the computer is NOT healthy and is NOT helping me work towards my fitness goals.

That is all for now. Time to go play!

PS
When I got back from Africa I was 158 pounds.
Week 1 with SparkPeople I lost 5 pounds.
Week 2 with SparkPeople I lost 0.5 pounds.

I am currently 152.5 pounds and aiming for 140 by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment