July 17, 2010

Success @ Milestone # 1

The 4-Week Bootcamp Challenge was GREAT!

The workouts were HARD! Thank goodness I have friends who were willing to workout with me. That really makes a difference. It adds a degree of accountability and motivation that I desperately need.

I didn't follow the suggested diet plan but applied what I learned in "Game On" and was successful that way.

At the 1/2 way point I was down 7 pounds. I unfortunately lost momentum while on holiday visiting my brother (July 1-11). However - I still managed to be 6 inches smaller at the end of 4 weeks and I can SEE the difference in my "Before" & "After" photos.

I've taken this week to think-&-eat-&-exercise but without a set program.

On Monday I am beginning a 12-week program designed by Fenly Fearon (of Fen vs Funk). I am going to take photos and measurement every 4 weeks and am looking forward to seeing more results.

I've also started rollerblading again. Thank goodness I have a stroller to push! (laughing) If only it had a brake!!

PS
Has anyone ever read "The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl"? If you're on your own journey through a personal overhaul that includes reducing your weight I strongly recommend it. Well written, very "real" and motivational/inspirational in itself.
Get the book. Read it.
Here's the website: www.dietgirl.org

No comments:

Post a Comment