March 1, 2013

Back to Blogger



Well, well, well...
I'm baaaaaaaack! LoL

So apparently I bailed on this blog when I got pregnant with Kenzie and never looked back.
Until now.

I have two blog goals:
1 - to continue to blog about my fitness "adventures" which focus primarily around running (5K, 10K, 5K obstacle & half marathon) while I'm on vacation from Facebook (I've disabled my Facebook account for March!).
2 - to assess my "relationship" with Facebook and see where to blog. I could go back to FB in April and repost my blog posts from here to FB, or I could move my old posts here and stick with actual blogging instead of my faux-blog on Facebook.

So here I am. After a few less-than-stellar weeks: Week Six of my 10K training I did 3 of my 5 scheduled workouts and Week Seven saw me falter to doing only 1 of 5 scheduled workouts.
I'm trying to get back on track this week. I failed to do my first 3 workouts of the week but today Nicole and I did 8K in 67.5 minutes!

HA!!!

I've got some other "issues" going on right now and am happy to be taking steps to address them.  I had an interesting realization a few days ago: I went through the same challenges when K1 was the same age that K2 is now.  I seem to have a pattern. 

Things seem to be stalled-out right now but they WILL start moving in the right direction again soon. Actually, I guess they have - I ran today! That's definitely the right direction. :)

So - there it is - my first blog post back on my old blog.
I did consider pretending this one didn't exist and just start a new blog but what the heck. It's all about accountability and honesty, right?
Just goes to show I fell off the wagon for a little over 2 years and am now PROUDLY getting back in gear!

HA!!!


PS - EEK! I just scanned some of my old posts. My SparkPeople addiction was replaced by a Facebook addiction! I'm cyclic and I never seem to learn... (sigh) And a "Life Goal" of training for a Figure Competition..? Really..? Well... Maybe. Just not yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment